If a water leak or spill has not been thoroughly extracted and the structure completely dried, or if there has been an unknown leak over a period of time, mold growth is a very high possibility. Molds reproduce by releasing tiny spores which are invisible to the naked eye. Mold spores are constantly floating through indoor and outdoor air, but when they land on a moist surface they can begin to grow. Molds perform a necessary role in nature by breaking down dead organic matter, but mold growth indoors must be avoided. Mold eats away at organic materials, including paper, drywall, wood, and some carpets, so when left untreated, it can lead to severe damage. Mold can be an allergen (respiratory irritant) which affects different people in different ways. Concerns about mold have increased as the public has become more aware that exposure to mold can cause a variety of health effects and symptoms. “Mold is not always seen but is always harmful.”
A.S.A.P. Restoration Corp.’s technicians are trained and certified to contain and remove mold from affected areas of a home or other structure without cross contaminating surrounding areas. We will build a special containment around the affect areas and use high-tech industrial-grade “air scrubbing” equipment to filter excessive mold spores and particles from the surrounding air.
If there is a visual area of mold larger than 10 sq. ft. is required that the area be tested by a certified hygienist and sent to a lab for results to verify which type of mold it is. In addition, the hygienist will take air samples to find out if the mold spores have become airborne, if it is, their report will advise on what areas of the property have been affected and a protocol will advise what needs to be done in order to remediate the contaminated area effectively. Once the mold remediation has been completed the hygienist will re-test the remediated area for clearance purposes. Once a clearance certificate has been issued A.S.A.P. Restoration Corp. can begin the reconstruction process.